fbpx
× Any other public issues you want to talk about. that do not fit into any of the other forums - Jokes, Anecdotes.

2018 Nelligen Steampacket ride

• andrewktm450
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 May 2018 10:42 - 27 May 2018 10:59 #32 by andrewktm450
Replied by andrewktm450 on topic 2018 Nelligen Steampacket ride
As expected, a top weekend with many familiar faces & a few newb’s.
Full credit to Paul for his enthusiasm & efforts in putting together a crew to pull it off. Sure it was a dusty trip, but a Kleenex or 2 solves that problem. From the feedback I received on the trail, I would be expecting all participants to be happy that they got value for money. In the dust, it was great. Once out of the dust, it was awesome.
Next time I’d prefer a tad less excitement with one less burning bike. Sure, I’m smiling about it now but @ the time I was shitting myself. Having 10 odd litres of petrol, 400 mm away from an open flame is a recipe for disaster.
“So in your opinion, Mr Freeman, what was the case of the bush fire that burnt down 200 hectares of bush outside of Nelligen”. “Well, your honour, I think that question should be directed to the Einstein @ KTM who thought it was a good idea to have the petrol overflow tube connected to the frame that drains onto the exhaust pipe”. Personally I can’t think of a worst place to dump overflow fuel than onto the hot, exhaust pipe.”
2 days riding without falling off (falling off worth talking about, that is) & back home in one piece. EXCELLENT!
Last edit: 27 May 2018 10:59 by andrewktm450. Reason: Spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andrewktm450
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 May 2018 11:45 #31 by andrewktm450
2018 Nelligen Steampacket ride was created by andrewktm450
Not long to go now. I hope all have followed the advice about getting their bike into good shape so we have minimal hold-ups.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.320 seconds