fbpx
× Tell us about any rides that you have been on lately

20221014-16 Koorawatha Enduro and Adventure Rides

More
19 Oct 2022 23:23 #47 by Gus
I left Canberra at 9.30am and rode straight to Yass and then took Wargeila Rd to Rye Park. Enroute I had to negotiate Bobbys Creek which was a little deep, so I took the ripple line without mishap. The ride west to Boorowa was dodging potholes. I opted to go via Murringo to Young for refuel and some ear plugs.
Heading north I took Scenic Rd to Monteagle and on to Wirrimah. The dirt was still damp and slippery in parts. It was then Olympic Hwy via Crowther to Koorawatha Hotel, by 2.45pm. Heidi welcomed me and I had a session of beers and chats with locals.
Peter W arrived in time for dinner and we were then joined by Beta man.
Saturday and Jamie prepared bacon and egg rolls for we three and we awaited Peter D and entourage to arrive at 10.00am. Most chose to do the endure ride out and around Wyangala Dam.
Diane led Leon, myself and Shane on a road trip to Young, Temora, West Wyalong for a pie lunch and then to Grenfell. Diane has a “need for speed”, and I was hitting 140kph just to keep her and Leon in sight.
It was then on to Greenthorpe on Gambarra Rd, passing through some cattle being droved to fresh paddocks. Coming to a causeway Diane instructed me to ride though first. It was a tributary to Bumbaldry Creek and was muddy so no sight of depth. I rode in on the crown and didn’t get my boots wet. It was then a cruise to Koorawatha Hotel and some beers.
We awaited Jamie, Peter D, Peter W, Sanjay and entourage to roll in, which they did around 5.00pm. They had had a blast on some slippery trails and had a few spills. Peter D was injured with a sore right hand.
DSMRA paid for dinner, I think the lamb chops were the pick, which was held in the beer garden where Jamie had lit a fire and Leon relished using a battery powered blower to fan the flames.
Sunday and Peter D was driven by Diane to Cowra for ‘reflux’ treatment, the endure boys head out for more fun, Sanjay and Shane head for Harden, and I lead Leon onto some dirt.
I returned to Scenic Rd which was now dry and rode via Wirrimah to Bendick Murrell, Chews Rd and Murringo Gap to Boorowa for fuel and coffee. A lot of motorcycles parked on the main street. I then repeated Wargeila Rd, now dry, to Yass and then Dog Trap and Kaveneys to Hall. I tried to indicate a drink stop to Leon but he may have taken the signal as ‘see ya’. So I exited Hall and next thing Sanjay passed me at Clarrie Hermes Drive where he turned right into Belconnen.
I was home by 1.40pm in time to watch the Phillip Island MotoGP and see Rins on Suzuki win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2022 00:52 #46 by Gus
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.860 seconds