The South Coast crew have organised an awesome two-day adventure bike ride starting at Milton Showground, riding through the beautiful South Coast forests to stay overnight in Moruya. We’ll then return to Milton via a different (shorter - 130km) route, arriving sometime after lunch on Sunday.
This ride is more suited to adventure riders with a reasonable amount of dirt riding experience. There are few hills on the ride (particularly on the Merricumbene trail) which would be quite difficult for a novice rider.
Some points to note:
- Saturday will be a long, reasonably arduous day (300km of fire trails) so we’ll need to leave Milton showground promptly at 7:30 am. Given this, it’s probably best to stay somewhere in the Milton/Ulladulla/Mollymook area on Friday night.
- Some of the trails may be challenging on anything larger than a single cylinder adventure bike, so you’d best be a fairly accomplished rider to try it on a twin. There are also a number of river crossings. And we will have to keep moving reasonably quickly to make Moruya before dark.
- There are no fuel stops on the way down so you will need a minimum of 300 km range. There will be opportunity to refuel in Moruya.
- Bring your own lunch, snacks, fluids etc for both days as lunch will be in the bush, on the side of the trail.
- Organise your own accommodation in Moruya for Saturday night. We’ll book somewhere for dinner for all of us on Saturday night.
- You and your bike need to be self-sufficient with tools and spares.
- Ultra-heavy duty tubes recommended.
- A GPX file of the route will be made available before the ride.